A 6-session, interactive workshop that will help you prepare a personalized study plan, review the major concepts of the Foundations of Reading (FoRT) Test, and provide study resources, test-taking tips, and strategies.
This 6-week workshop will occur on the 1st, 3 Wednesdays in October and the 1st, 3 Wednesdays in November. During this six-day workshop, you will engage in hands-on activities that cover the Foundations of Reading, (phonological awareness, concepts of print and alphabetic principles, phonics, word analysis, and fluency) and Reading Comprehension, Instruction, and Assessment. Participants will engage in analysis of FORT practice test questions through independent reflection and active participation in discussion. The objective of the workshops is to prepare participants to apply their learning to successfully pass the Foundations of Reading Test.
Ticket purchase secures a seat for all six sessions.
A breakdown of each session is described below:
- October 4: This session will focus on the Foundational Skills of Phonological Awareness and Concepts of Print.
- October 11: This session will focus on the Foundational Skills of Phonics and Word Analysis.
- October 18: This session will focus on the Foundational Skill of Fluency and preparation for Open Response 1.
- November 1: This session will focus on Vocabulary Development and Reading Comprehension (Literary Text).
- November 8: This session will focus on Reading Comprehension (Informational Text) and Reading Assessment.
- November 15: This session will focus on Reading Instruction and Open Response 2: Reading Comprehension.
The sessions will occur on October 4, 11, and 18 and November 1, 8, and 15 from 5:00-7:00 pm at the Summit Building in West Allis.